when you can't.

Trust An Experienced Firm To Answer Your Workers’ Compensation Questions

At Golitko & Daly, P.C., our diverse legal team fights to maximize workers’ compensation benefits. If you’ve been hurt as a result of a workplace accident, we can help. We analyze each workers’ compensation claim with a fine-tooth comb in order to maximize potential compensation. Workers who have suffered injuries at work often have questions about what benefits may be available, or how to obtain the full and fair benefits they deserve. We have compiled a short list of frequently asked questions. If you do not see your question in the list, feel free to call for a free case review and answers to your difficult questions.

I was injured at work. What should I do?

The first thing you should do is report the incident to your employer. Then, you should seek medical attention. After that, it’s important to discuss your options with an attorney. We can make sure you receive the coverage you deserve. We have represented people from all different fields, including those who work in construction.

My claim was denied. Is there anything I can do?

Employers and providers often unfairly deny claims in order to save money. You may need to supplement medical records or provide more documentation. If this is the situation you find yourself in, it is crucial that you seek experienced legal counsel. Save all of the correspondence you have regarding this issue, and we can discuss the next steps.

What happens if I can no longer perform my job duties after recovering from my injury?

The workers’ compensation system provides benefits for workers who are not able to continue to perform their job duties due to work-related injuries, including vocational rehabilitative training. We can help you understand the choices in front of you and determine how to best move forward.

When it comes to treatment, can I get a second opinion?

Yes. You are allowed to obtain a free second opinion or independent medical examination. Your employer or their insurance company will be responsible for covering that cost.

Can I be fired for filing a worker’s compensation claim?

No, under Indiana law, you cannot be fired in retaliation for filing a workers’ compensation claim. If an employer has unfairly terminated your employment because of a claim, you may be entitled to further restitution.

Reach Out For Answers To Your Individual Questions

No list of questions can cover every topic, or individual situation. At Golitko & Daly, P.C., we provide straightforward, effective representation to help injured workers recover. To arrange a free consultation with a law firm that goes to work when you can’t, send us a message online or call 317-566-9600, 765-865-9300, or 812-566-2600.