Work Injuries and Disfigurement: Are You Eligible for Compensation?

Workers' Compensation

Workplace Injuries and DisfigurementIf you sustained a work injury that resulted in permanent scarring or disfigurement, you may be entitled to compensation. The attorneys at Golitko & Daly specialize in work injuries and disfigurement and will help you collect the compensation you deserve. They have a thorough understanding of Indiana laws and how those affect your eligibility for compensation through your employer’s insurance. Even if you were already receiving workers’ compensation benefits, you may be entitled to additional compensation for these permanently damaging injuries.

When to Seek Compensation for Work Injuries and Disfigurement

It can take up to six months following an injury to evaluate whether or not you will suffer permanent scarring or other disfigurement. Each individual case varies, though, so you should work with your doctor and the attorneys at Golitko & Daly. Your doctor can give you a timeframe in which you will know whether you have suffered permanent disfigurement. At Golitko & Daly, our attorneys can help you file the claim when the time comes.

What Injuries Are Eligible for Compensation?

The amount of compensation you receive depends heavily on the type and location of the disfigurement you have suffered. Permanent scarring and disfigurement on the face is one of the worst, and as such, usually results in a larger settlement. In general, any scarring or disfigurement that affects your ability to work or is visible in shorts and a t-shirt (or sometimes, a bathing suit) is eligible for compensation.

The severity and permanence of the scar or disfigurement are all factored in when calculating compensation for such injuries. Raised scars will typically result in larger compensation than flat ones. Disfigurement that either limits your ability to perform your job or leaves you struggling to find new employment will net a larger settlement.

What Type of Compensation Is Available?

Through workers’ compensation (your employer’s insurance), you may be eligible for certain benefits or a one-time settlement. As your attorneys, we can determine which option offers you the greatest benefits. Then, we can negotiate an appropriate settlement amount with the insurance company.

To determine a settlement amount, we will look at how your disfigurement has affected your ability to work and quality of life. We will ensure the compensation you receive is proportionate to the severity of your disfigurement and how it has affected your life.

Why Hire Golitko & Daly?

At Golitko & Daly, our attorneys specialize in injuries and accidents in the workplace. We have a thorough knowledge of Indiana state laws and safety regulations. We also understand the intricacies of workers’ compensation. Our firm has secured multiple million-dollar settlements and awards for our clients and we can help you, too.

Contact Us Today

If you have suffered a work injury that has resulted in permanent scarring or disfigurement, contact the attorneys at Golitko & Daly today to schedule a consultation. We will thoroughly investigate all aspects of the case and work with medical experts to evaluate your disfigurement. These experts assist us throughout the negotiations to secure the workers’ compensation benefits you deserve.